View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prandelia View Post
Well, even with a proper pad combo (more front biased), AP Racing BBK (front) and good braking technique, proper tire sizes, and only 200TW tires, you simply cannot drive aggressively without wheels locking up on a stiff suspension/track oriented setup. I flat spotted a set of front tires again this weekend at NCM. The guys at Counterspace told me the car 100% needs to have less rear brake pad bias, via less aggressive pad, for track use. So that's what I've current done.

The system def. works better since the AP front kit install, but certain brake zones can exacerbate the issue.

The ABS is just outright dangerous for anybody that is a good driver and really wants to push this car. I make sure to give myself tons of room to the cars in front of me as a further precaution. Still waiting on another forum member to come through with their "black box" fix to allow OE wheels speed sensors and full dash electronics to work. For a street/DE car, it's just not feasible to delete the tach or speedo functions, and have to add a full second set of sensors. No reason this can't be fixed electronically.
Forgot to ask. What pads are you using on the front and rear? My car has been in the shop since last year. It's going back together now.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote