View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prandelia View Post
That's good in theory, but until you actually pilot this car, and the ABS program at speed, you will learn long term you will never be perfect enough to stay within the programming limits of the car, if you get fast enough, or your setup is aggressive.

I've got like 6 track/race cars, and this is by far the worst ABS system I've ever used. I don't have a problem with the ABS, I have a problem with the limit programming it has that locks wheels up in certain situtations. That is something that no decent sports car I've ever driven does.

I make sure my tire diameters and brake compounds are appropriate for all my other cars to avoid ice mode and overly intrusive abs, but this lockup issue is totally unacceptable. Asking people to go to a track and drive fast, and tell them to "learn to brake around this situation" is not a solution. This is why so many cars end up crashed, and why even more probably avoid driving this car on track altogether.
Just an FYI, I do track my Z, have about 20-25 events on it. Sounds as if you have done a lot more tracking in different cars over the years. That is great to hear. I still learning and playing on this stuff The other problem I have - no butt feel and it takes me time to understand what I am being told.

So anything you say, I will review and think on it. Thanks for the input.

So where to you track at, just wondering, maybe we can meet up at an event.