View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
Maybe a stupid question - but does the diff really overheat THAT much if you have a clutch plate LSD? I'm asking that because I got the OS Giken LSD, and as it's working flawlessly, I'm not even sure - how would I know if it's overheating? The diff has that one rubber-straw entering it from the top, not sure what is its function. Would the overheating diff trigger a warning of some sort? If not, what are the symptoms? And also - how hard do you need to push the car in order for the diff to overheat? I have a standard cover and I don't plan on changing it any time soon, as I'm not in the mood to pull down the diff yet again.....
That rubber straw is only a vent.

I think people that track will encounter heat issues.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote