View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a stupid question - but does the diff really overheat THAT much if you have a clutch plate LSD? I'm asking that because I got the OS Giken LSD, and as it's working flawlessly, I'm not even sure - how would I know if it's overheating? The diff has that one rubber-straw entering it from the top, not sure what is its function. Would the overheating diff trigger a warning of some sort? If not, what are the symptoms? And also - how hard do you need to push the car in order for the diff to overheat? I have a standard cover and I don't plan on changing it any time soon, as I'm not in the mood to pull down the diff yet again.....
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote