View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Namir
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Namir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond repute

I think the recent gas spike has everyone thinking about gas prices, but I think rather than buying a smart car or a diesel jetta, people are just realizing that ultra gas guzzler rap video cars like escalades and hummers are a bit unnecessary for most people, and that they can downsize to something smaller. Also, people are starting to car pool more, use public transportation, ride bikes or walk, and in general pay more attention to how much gas they use. We don't all need to buy super fuel efficient vehicles, we just need to be smarter about the way we use the ones we have. (and definitely stop using ridiculously big trucks and SUV's for non essential/work related driving)

So with that said, if gas was 5 dollars. I would still buy the Z and probably move closer to school/work, drive less, and use the bus more so I could get out and rip the B-roads on weekends.

But until then.... $1.53 for 87 in Ohio is fine with me