Thread: CMC or CSC
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender890 View Post
I'm having a bit of a weird issue with my clutch system. I replaced the CMC and CSC about 1.5 years ago.

I used an OEM CMC and and a JWT Heavy Duty CSC with insulated lines near the exhaust.

Today, I noticed a softer feel than normal and eventually it got so bad I had to pump the clutch pedal and it would build enough pressure to shift.

I had the dealer do a fluid change and it felt great......for about 30mins. Then back to little to no pressure. I have to once again pump the clutch pedal to get into gear.

At this point, I believe its the CMC and I don't see any leakage under the car or anywhere on the lines, but I just wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts.

I posted this in the old stickied thread, but not sure how much traffic that gets.

Thanks!
Could be both the CMC and CSC.

Check the clutch fluid reservoir to see if the fluid level is staying or dropping and also the color of fluid. If you don't see any fluid leaks under the car, it could be that the CSC is leaking fluid inside the tranny bell housing.

Most people here, if not all, will highly recommend ZSpeed CMC/CSC.