View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroZ View Post
There are a lot of factors on that. I have 2009 that I bought when it had 74k. I have had to replace the AC unit, only because Nissan had the wisdom to not allow the clutch only to be replaced, other no issues. Its a daily driver that now has 122k and it runs flawless and even the suspension is rock solid. I have done routine maintenance that you would other wise do anyway, brake pads, rotors, oil, better hoses and stuff. Just take care of it and keep driving it, especially if you own with no payments. You wont find a better ride unless you pay a premium price. For yes, newer, but this car was built so way ahead of its time its not even funny. There are allsorts of aftermarket parts to keep it running and legit, so keep it running and looking good and keep the money in your pocket.
Legend has it that OP is still debating his options.

On a side note, now is a really bad time to buy and/or to get into unnecessary debt. Interest rates have gone up so borrowing will be alot more expensive and you would qualify for less of a loan (provided you qualify at all). Prices have gone up due to inflation AND due to global supply issues and shortages of supplies and parts needed to build (i.e. semiconductors). High rates + high prices = does not make any sense to make big purchases** in this current economic environment.

**The ONLY exception to this is if you are buying a home, in which case you are investing into something that will appreciate in value (esp. due to shortage in supply), rather than a car which will depreciate.