View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 09:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
NitroZ
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
NitroZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizen Sosuke View Post
So the Z is at 99k and I'm having some second thoughts going forward. It's always been properly maintained and outside of a failed CSC 1000 miles ago I've had zero issues since buying it in 2010. I took the opportunity to replace clutch kit and master cylinder while I was at it. The car is bone stock and on the next oil change I will be swapping the gear oil on the differential and replacing spark plugs. Belt still looks good.

I am currently debating on keeping the car for another couple of years or selling it and buying a new 2015 ride with warranty for piece of mind. For those of you who have driven the car from 100k miles onwards please chime in and let me know what issues, if any, you have had. I'd love to keep the car if repair costs can be minimized to maintenance items only. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Z's reliability.
Thanks in advance.
There are a lot of factors on that. I have 2009 that I bought when it had 74k. I have had to replace the AC unit, only because Nissan had the wisdom to not allow the clutch only to be replaced, other no issues. Its a daily driver that now has 122k and it runs flawless and even the suspension is rock solid. I have done routine maintenance that you would other wise do anyway, brake pads, rotors, oil, better hoses and stuff. Just take care of it and keep driving it, especially if you own with no payments. You wont find a better ride unless you pay a premium price. For yes, newer, but this car was built so way ahead of its time its not even funny. There are all sorts of aftermarket parts to keep it running and legit, so keep it running and looking good and keep the money in your pocket. There are a lot of factors on that. I have 2009 that I bought when it had 74k. I have had to replace the AC unit, only because Nissan had the wisdom to not allow the clutch only to be replaced, other no issues. Its a daily driver that now has 122k and it runs flawless and even the suspension is rock solid. I have done routine maintenance that you would other wise do anyway, brake pads, rotors, oil, better hoses and stuff. Just take care of it and keep driving it, especially if you own with no payments. You wont find a better ride unless you pay a premium price. For yes, newer, but this car was built so way ahead of its time its not even funny.
NitroZ is offline   Reply With Quote