View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 06:48 PM   #9175 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Ukraine does supply the world with other items in addition to Neon, and was just using this particular item as an example with the Feds raising rates and thinking this will solve inflation. I just don't understand how we have clowns running the US and global economy, both past and present. Remember Bernanke? The dude stated in 01.2008, "The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession" AFTER the Great Recession started. Powell already admitted in 2022 that he does not understand inflation.

But at the end of the day, we're all human. You can only take so much sh!t before you throw in the towel and say "eff it". Times sure have changed from 2007 to now, and my mindset has completely changed. I kept in touch with most of my academy class, and for the ones that are still around, they all have said things have drastically changed and not for the better.
You nailed it in your earlier post, this go around, inflation is being driven by a unique confluence of circumstances that make the feds tightening far less effective than in past inflationary periods.

At the end of the day, for all us “regular” folks the financial principles that we should always be living by just apply even more in an inflationary environment:

Live within your means (ie a little below)
Use credit wisely
If you can’t pay cash/can pay off something in a short amount of time/discipline— don’t buy it
Save/invest as aggressively as you can stand and start as soon as you can
Be grateful for your blessings and focus on the positive not the negative
Don’t buy a BMW

Yeah, Leo isn’t what it used to be, there is a need for improvement in community policing etc but cops still need to be able to beat the Fvck outta bad actors when necessary etc.