View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 06:00 PM   #9170 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
There are real economic/security reasons why it’s imperative we support Ukraine in this war, besides the neon gas, along with us and Russia, Ukraine is the breadbasket of the world.

If USSR takes Ukraine, then they increase their economic clout vis a vis us in the world and we become more dependent on them (neon gas supply for example).

The main reason that is bad actually has less to do with importing more from another country or other basic economic reasons. It’s bc the US dollar is the worlds reserve currency and that allows us to run debt without consequences and impose economic sanctions anywhere effectively. China and Russia, Iran, North Korea HATE this and are trying to usurp our preeminent standing in the world order. This is why Ukraine matters. We must win bc our economic survival and American standard of living depends on it. (And if we can bleed our enemy slowly and break hem over time ((like what happened to us over the last 20 years in Iraq/Afghanistan)), so much the better.
Ukraine does supply the world with other items in addition to Neon, and was just using this particular item as an example with the Feds raising rates and thinking this will solve inflation. I just don't understand how we have clowns running the US and global economy, both past and present. Remember Bernanke? The dude stated in 01.2008, "The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession" AFTER the Great Recession started. Powell already admitted in 2022 that he does not understand inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
First responder, LEO, military are callings more than careers imo, if you’re gonna do law enforcement, you really need to WANT to to it above all else otherwise it’ll beat you down. My
But at the end of the day, we're all human. You can only take so much sh!t before you throw in the towel and say "eff it". Times sure have changed from 2007 to now, and my mindset has completely changed. I kept in touch with most of my academy class, and for the ones that are still around, they all have said things have drastically changed and not for the better.