View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #9165 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Went on 7 Zoom interviews within the past 3 weeks - 3 with Company A and 4 with Company B, with 2 of them being back to back within minutes of each other.

Got 2 rejay emails today. Why any company would want to waste time, more importantly mine, with additional interviews if they were not going to move forward with me is beyond me. Company B at least had the balls to send me a personalized email stating that I was "overqualified", which was also brought up in the 2nd interview. I guess they're looking for someone that barely qualifies and hopes that employee can deliver.

Back to the drawing board
Some interesting turn of events for both Company A and B.

The media is reporting that Company A has upcoming layoff plans. Though I'm not sure if this would affect the position I interviewed for, I really rather not find out AFTER have taking the job. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get that job.

The VP that I interviewed with at Company B called me today and asked if I was still interested. Still a bit salty, but I kept it polite but asked her what happened to their #1 candidate, and turns out this person started today and walked out today I requested 24 hours to think this over and got the offer letter within 45 minutes. I already scratched out the salary offer and marked it with $10K more and will likely send it back in the morning.