View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 06:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

February Update:
The first prototype "GTR MFD Converter" board is assembled, wired and programmed!
The first program simply provides the required CAN bus data to make the gauges count from 70 to 120, and then repeat over and over.
This is to verify that the reverse engineering of the gauges is correct... and I'm happy to report it is!!

Note:
Look at the coolant temp (top left), once the temp reached 110C (230F), the entire gauge arc/line turned red... Kind of neat!

Next Steps:
Program the device to read the G37/370 CAN bus data stream, converter the data and send it to the GTR gauges.
I hope to have this done in the next week or so... I just hope it works like I think it should!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GTR_MFD_Converter_sm.jpeg (172.7 KB, 92 views)
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote