View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default Averying's 2009 Platinum Graphite 370z Journal

Been putting in an hour of work here and there on the Z… slowly making some progress towards driving this thing again!

1. Diff bushings swapped for Z1 poly bushings. Getting the main bushing out was a pain in the *** but that’s mostly me being stubborn and not going to buy a sawzall. Hand saw, punch, and a lot of elbow grease did the job. For getting the new bushing in, you NEED a press of some sort. No way I was gonna hammer that in, even after freezing everything overnight.
Didn’t bother trying to scrub the mess from the OG bushing. Battle scars I guess?

2. Camber and toe bolt slots elongated for PLM eccentric bolts. I saw some people recommending dremel bit #115… don’t get this. Go for a tungsten carbide bit instead. I used a 1/8” tungsten carbide burr which did the job fine, but going for a larger burr would’ve sped up the job tremendously. ALSO, having an extension shaft for the dremel would make accessing the slots easier. Overall though, easy job.

3. Pulled the passenger headlight apart to address some condensation buildup during rainy days. 10 min in the oven and it came apart no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote