View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace370zz View Post
What’s up guys, so recently I bought a boosted 370z and it has a super twin desk clutch and the previous owner isn’t sure if it has a Heavy duty slave cylinder or a cylinder delete. Now every time I try to bang gears it doesn’t let, it’s like there’s a wall there for a second or two then it goes into gear and it does that to every single gear. If I shift normal then it’s fine.. also sometimes when it’s cold out and I got to put it in reverse it grinds. My guess is it could be the clutch or slave cylinder… Any idea what might be causing these issues and did anyone have a similar issues?
This is something the previous owner should be aware of as this is a big enough issue to be addressed.

As ZoomZ mentioned, check under the tranny to see if it's on the outside rather than the inside the housing bell.

Regarding the gear grind, try putting into a forward gear first before going into reverse. I always do this before going into reverse in any manual car.