View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuster View Post
I installed the Z1 PS cooler today.

I prefilled the Setrab cooler all the way to the top during the installation and refilled the reservoir. When I started the car (still on the jack stands) I could feel and hear air in the system. I lock to lock t turned the steering 40-50 times and it made little to no difference. When hitting the lock I could feel a vibration in the wheel.

I dropped the car the the ground and turning lock to lock 30 more times which made it better but not 100% clear None of the lines are kinked and I verified fluid in both hoses at the new cooler and tried the bleed process again.

Any ideas or do I just need to keep turning the wheel lock to lock to bleed the air out?

I never thought the bleed process for power steering was much of a problem. Maybe you have air getting into the system somewhere. No leaks correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote