View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Sure they are not a pro shop, but no matter how good the shop is you can't make missing parts appear or parts fit that simply don't. And if one had the money for a professional mechanic to do the install they wouldn't be looking for a cheap fb/ebay kit. It's pretty accurate for what someone will encounter here in the US for garages and cheap v expensive kits. We do not have cheap highly skilled professional nissan mechanics in every city and town as slovenia has.
I don't get why you're insulted, my comment was merely aiming at the way Donut fellas approach issues. Hats off to them for making fantastic content that I watch the moment they publish it, but to be honest, they make some amateur mistakes constantly. Last Subaru build they did, had a blown engine because the guys thought it's ok to push the newly built engine without breaking it in. They should be smarter than that.

That being said - you're right - ebay turbo kit will be surely missing flanges, mounting points, hoses, many other bits and pieces you'll need to either get extra or fabricate yourself. And a reliable mechanic would make it fit, although his labor would probably approach prices of proper bolt-on kits.

I'm not sure though, what Slovenia or the price of mechanic shops here have to do with this discussion though.
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote