Thread: Engine Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I am not swapping to the auto trans. I would just be swapping the engine itself.

Mine has always burned a little oil from day one. I didn't think much of it as it wasn't much early on. When I noticed it becoming more excessive, I did some research and discovered that there was a TSB. However, by that time, I was already out of warranty. I wish I would have known before, but of course Nissan didn't exactly advertise it.

There is a huge thread on here about the issue. My understanding is that it is caused by the valve seals and piston rings.

I could be wrong but the gallery gasket issue usually presents as a low oil pressure situation not consumption, correct? I have never changed those.

Car has 170K on the clock and still runs great. I just have to keep topping up the oil routinely.
That’s a bummer, I hate oil consumption issues after owning a car that would consume oil (VW, what a surprise I know) it’s not fun or cheap is using good oil. So far I’m about 156k and still don’t use any oil it just been such a good car. If it’s just your valve stem seals that may be a cheaper route if you find a shop that can do it without removing the heads (using compressed air).
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote