View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 10:58 AM   #84 (permalink)
The BlueMax
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370/97 T/A 01 ZRX
The BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monterey Blue

Well despite having the revised steering lock unit replaced under the recall back in 2010 my 09 370z quit on me as I went to drive home from work yesterday, friday. Despite the steering wheel never locking I still couldn't get the car started. Even unhooked the battery for 15min. So I am getting the royal treatment, overpayed for a tow, combined with taking it to a Infinity dealer. I have a mechanic/friend that works there and he is top notch, they even allow him to use the service area on weekends to do sidework, but I couldn't get in touch with him before the dealership caught wind of my situation. So I am going to be on the hook for a considerable amount of money. Reflecting on this I blame myself for procasting the fuse pull. I only have 58K miles on this car and it's been very reliable, but Nissan and Infinity has probably lost another potential customer. Believe me my mechanic does not like the 3.0 liter TT motor after having worked on numerious Q-50, 60s over the years. In his opinion the old VQ 3.7 is so much less problematic. Well I just had to get this off my chest. Looking forward to a CSC replacement down the road