View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Adding some info to this unsure if significant or not but

I noticed higher oil pressures after an oil change as well as the titan oil filter

I use 10w30 - 10w40 on my engine. Have been for 3 years.

Upon ownership I did the Gallery which was blown. Replaced with superceeded Nissan gasket.

30k miles later I did an oil change and switched from Fram Titan filter to OEM Nissan Titan filter and triggered a P0011 after 20 miles.

Erratic needle jumps between 10-20 psi in conjunction with Bank 1 VTC erratic angle reading.

This erraticness stops once p0011 is triggered. Now I can delete this code and oil pressures bounce in an electronically controlled pattern. This stops once code is triggered which I believe is when the VTC solenoids enter fault mode and stop opening keeping pressures stable however when they are trying to function I get erratic pressures but no loses which In my head could mean that the gallery might have busted again possibly due to higher pressures.

I can see 120-130psi on cold. I can see 100+ at operating temps after 3k but drop and pick up between 80-100psi. All of this started with a switch from Fram to OEM. Not saying it was the filter but found it interesting.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote