View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Well the car is finally in the garage for its winter “refresh”.

Work to be done:
1. Test pipes need to be replaced. The resonators in these GTM pipes are falling apart. This was discovered when I pulled them off to replace the gaskets. This explains the rattle I’ve had in the passenger side for almost 2 years now. I attributed this to “test pipe hiss/rattle/NVH” which I assumed was unavoidable. Picking up a new set of test pipes soon and I’m excited to hear how much smoother the sound is.
2. I have a P0300/P0138 (and associated other codes) code that has progressively gotten worse, leading to misfires above ~2500rpm during moderate load. I plan to clean MAF, install new exhaust gaskets (I know of 1 leak), and possibly replace an O2 sensor.
3. New sway bar end links in the front. New sway bar end links in the rear and converting to a G37S bar instead of Hotchkis.
4. Diff bushings to be swapped with Z1 poly mounts.
5. Rear camber and toe bolts to be swapped with PLM eccentric bolts to get to a better alignment.
6. Rear end to be dropped ~ 1/2” to match the front. Didn’t do this in the past because my alignment was already maxed. New eccentric bolts will let me lower a bit more.
7. Resetting rear coilovers by setting max compression with the dampers / bump stops, THEN adjusting ride height with the springs. This will give me max droop travel in the rear and hopefully more inside tire grip.
8. Remove and reseal the passenger side headlight.
9. Grease sway bar bushings and FUCA bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is online now   Reply With Quote