Thread: The P0300 Saga
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Natrix
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Natrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond repute

This person replaced the flywheel, clutch, slave cylinder, and CKP (crankshaft position sensor), and claims the issue was resolved for them:

Misfire Code p0300

Given that my car is almost certainly on its original clutch and flywheel, and the previous owner and I experienced the problem when the car was stock (they replaced all 6 ignition coils, too), this made me curious.

Zooming out for a moment, all of this seems generally limited to 2009-2012 Zs, and it makes me wonder if Nissan built them with a substandard part that was later improved through QC. It could also be something that happened occasionally during shipping or assembly before Nissan implemented process improvements or better packaging.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote