Thread: The P0300 Saga
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Natrix
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Natrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond reputeNatrix has a reputation beyond repute

Update
Last night and today, I pulled off the upper intake manifold and checked power and ground to each fuel injector connector, then confirmed that each injector resistance was within spec. All the harness branches, connectors, and terminals looked good as well. I picked up a stethoscope-style probe, and will try listening to the injectors once everything is put back together.

Finally, following the "rough idle" column in the EC-596 warranty symptom table, I took a look at the charging system (FSM CHG-21 and -22). I opened up the IPDM and the other engine room fuse box and checked each fuse. All fusible links on the battery positive coupler are intact, and both terminals are tightly connected. I checked continuity between IPDM connector E7 t76 and alternator connector t4. Again, all the wiring, connectors, and terminals look fine. There is no sign of corrosion or other damage anywhere, as far as I can tell.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote