View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #1095 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official 370Z Autocross Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzyng View Post
Wow, I've just spent about 2 days reading through this massive thread and have so many questions :-) Grateful for all the info provided.

My situation - I have a 2010 370z Nismo that my dad gifted me. It has about 20k miles and only drive it in nice weather. I've never had any interest in tracking the car as I've been racing motorcycles competitively for a long time. After an accident last year, my motorcycle days are now behind me. I recently went to a 3 day track driving event that included autocross. Oh my gosh, I missed out for all these years. So now I want to dive in.

The car has the stillen dual long tube intakes and cat delete but everything else stock. I was looking at upgrading the radiator and an oil cooler to do track events but am worried about being put in an AX class that is really meant for highly modded cars. Where is the best place to be competitive without spending alot.

I have a C8 that I could use for AX but I liked the idea of a smaller more compact car but really not sure the best approach. Appreciate any insight or guidance. thanks
Is it also a street car? How much do you care about being competitive vs just showing up and having a good time? What tires are you on? I believe the cat delete puts you right to street prepared category which means the competition will be on slicks.

Running in XSA might be a more reasonable class if you want to leave the cats off the car without going too far down the ‘racecar’ rabbit hole. It allows a minimum tread wear of 200 (more streetable tires) but whatever engine/exhaust mods you want.

Oil cooler upgrade is a must for any 370Z. You don’t need the radiator upgrade for autox but might be a good idea for the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 12-30-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote