View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 04:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
Yea, I’m definitely having buyers/leasers remorse right now.

The main thing is my wife loves it. Happy wife, happy life!

I should have went with the Mazda CX-5, but they wouldn’t give me shift on the Z and the dealer was an hour and a half away.

I’ve got 17 more months to figure it all out. Bottom line is I got way more for the Z than I expected, but also paid more on the Rogue than I should have compared to the Mazda. I consider it a wash.

Once again, car dealers are one of the lowest beings on this planet... one step above lawyers... it’s a rigged game, but nobody put a gun to my head.
Live and learn.

The idea of "happy wife, happy life" is BS. Marriage is a two-way street and each decision has to be mutually beneficial and not just one-sided. Team effort and mutual respect, otherwise, 1 person will always resent the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
Some things I really like about the Rogue...

Super smooth and quiet. Don’t even know it’s running.

Haven’t timed it, but 0-50 is rocket fast. At least my seat of the pants tells me.

35 MPG on regular fuel.

Seats are recliner soft and comfortable.

The nanny’s are perfect for the wife. Turn on the laser Cruise Control and navigation and it almost drives itself. Kinda freaky, but very cool. Actually nudges the car in the direction you need to go (off ramps, etc).

Heads up display was annoying at first, but getting used to it. Like that the speed limit and turn by turn is right in front of you.

Auto braking is VERY cool. Picked up a deer in the middle of the road the other morning. Wife couldn’t figure out why the car was stopping.

Auto start senses temperature and turns on climate control, heated seats, heated steering wheel. Wife LOVES that!
It's good to be positive, but it sounds like you are now just settling.

Have you received the check from the dealer? If not, I still stand firm on my vote on getting your Z back. If you are planning on getting your Z back, the longer it sits at the dealer, the more "test" drives it's going to get.