View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #8308 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
With my G35 daily driver out of commission for a few more days, I had to drive the Z to work today.

We got snow up here in RI yesterday. Car read 20° this morning. Tons of black ice yesterday. Let’s just say it was a VERY slow ride to work on summer tires. Hopefully this is the cars last drive before hibernation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay safe man.

This is why I will never move to the north. Too many things I just don't understand about cold weather. I buy summer tires and leave them on until I have to replace since FL is summer year round, I don't have to worry about salt rusting out my car, and wtf is "black ice"?

I also heard that during the winters up north, it's a good idea to keep the faucets running constantly at a drip to avoid freezing out the pipes?

UPDATE EDIT: Just Googled "black ice". Basically an invisible form of ice on the road, and it looks like someone just poured lots of water water onto the street from it being shiny/reflective. How are people able to drive in this sh!t? No thank you, I'll stick with my 70-degree winters in FL.

Last edited by vtec to vvel; 12-13-2022 at 12:06 PM.