View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 09:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanPoland View Post
I was in similar position as you - had a lot of dangerous ice mode situations, so I bought motorsport flashed Teves MK60, but at the same time really didn't want to sacrifice speedo and rev match. I enjoy Rev Match way too much, to be letting it go that easy

Luckily we have found a solution. This method requires some fabrication skills, but overall works flawlessly.

We kept stock ABS unit (just a control module) in place, still connected to the ECU, with additional speed sensors in the rear. For that we had to fabricate new brackets for second rear speed sensors mounts.

Additional front speed sensors are wired in, but they are not even connected to the wheels. No need for that since speedo and rev match only gets its data from rear speed sensors. The only reason for additional front speed sensors is, because stock ABS needs to see all 4 speed sensors wired in, even with no data from the fronts. Otherwise you will get critical ABS fault, where speedo is not longer working.

Speed sensors for MK60 unit are in place of OEM's. Since they are the important ones from now on, better to have them in stock and secure location.

So basically if you want to enjoy both MK60 and rev match, you have to have in total 6 functional speed sensors (+2 just hanging somewhere) and two ABS units fitted in - one for actual ABS work (MK60) and second purely for rev match and speedo (stock ABS, but only the control module bit - you don't need stock pump and hydraulic module for speedo to work). Only difficult part are additional rear speed sensors mounts. Rest is pretty straight forward once you know the way,
Hey there Stan, from my findings I've discovered that the Speedo on my setups works with just two ABS sensors. Unsure if it's a fault that happens over time however I've never had a speedometer fail.

I like the piggy back setup
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote