View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 08:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Zerafian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSpeedDemon View Post
Kit looks really nice, love the rear diffuser.

I went your original route (picked up a used manual V10 R8 in 2018) and the sticker shock is real on that side too. H&R springs weren't too bad, but stepping up to Ohlin coilovers came with an $8k price tag (nearly X4s the price of the 370Z set up). Plus not a ton of options for cosmetic changes. After a few performance parts and a set of refurbished 3-piece Work wheels (that I'm still waiting to correctly lip) i felt the same mod itch as you.

Ended up giving in and picking up a used BMW 335 as a daily 2 weeks ago. Looks like I can get 500 WHP on that thing for less $ than the intake and exhaust on the R8.
I would avoid artisan if they make parts for the Gen1 R8. Have to say it! Its amazing how super expensive suspension parts are when moving to a different level of car.

You did what I was tempted to do, hah. Pick up something cheaper so modding is less of a hit to the wallet. I got my wife a 22' SQ5 instead of getting me something fun and cheaper to mod. In all fairness, she would have been fine with a base Q5 but I wanted the blacked out version and the S. Gotta mod her old 2014 nissan rogue lol. Tint and powder coat the wheels lol.

I finally returned my capristo exhaust that I bought for the 2018 R8 I was SUPPOSE TO get. That and sold some of my collectable cards. Im right there with ya on the wheels. Sadly, the LC is so damn big, I had to go with 22" wheels and the cheapest I could find that were still decent quality were Rohanas. In perspective though, the Works for the Z were more expensive when comparing the value of the car to the wheels. Id have to buy $15k wheels to equal that value in wheels to car price for the LC.

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote