View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girald View Post
So i have a Sport tech 370z. I have had the engine out more than a few times. On 1 of those occasions, i accidentally got the gear position sensor wire snagged on the trans tunnel shielding mounting rod and ripped it out of the trans module....Now, anyone that has joined me in this Doh! moment knows that the replacement is about 1700 msrp from the stealership....

That said, im not entirely bothered about running rev match at the moment, but i would like to wire in the reverse light.

Any thoughts from those who have done the same oopsie and figured it out?

( im guessing that theres a mechanical ball switch i can install and run lines to that and get going)

thx
So the gear position sensor does not control the reverse.
The reverse has it's own switch regardless of S-mode or not.
The switch is blue and it uses the same connector as the Neutral switch.

You can look up used reverse or neutral switches in ebay, look for one with a pigtail.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote