View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 12:24 AM   #6084 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

Did my oil change with the lovely Nissan Ester oil and OEM filter. Went to go change my belt, tensioner and the 3 idler pulleys and realized I only had 2. Called my local dealer for the 3rd one. As I was tightening the new tensioner down, the bolt got hard as fvck to turn. So, as I backed the bolt out, I found a few threads all jacked up. I then had to call my dealer again for a new belt tensioner bolt and idler pulley bracket. I don't trust tapping the bolt on the bracket. Plus I'm a psychopath.

So, after getting done in that area what I could, I installed a rubber seal with very little cursing involved. Next, I went to take out my right front brake pads to inspect the rotor and pads and to lube up the pads since I'm getting squeaking coming from the right front when I brake occasionally from that corner.

In my frustration with the belt tensioner bolt, I forgot to remove the little pins that go in the big pins that hold the brake pads. I fvcking broke both and gummed up the exit hole for one. One of the big pins was an absolute nightmare to get out with my punches and hammer, pliers and elbow grease. Looks like I got get those now too. I still have to do my air filters and cabin filter which are OEM and a heat shield. It's the one you remove when doing something like dropping the trans. It's U - shaped.

My car is going to be up on jack stands for several days. Since I'm going to be balls deep in my lady friends mouth soon, I shall have no worries for the rest of my day. I think I'm going to put some cream on those cakes as well.