View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
BoilardZ
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z
BoilardZ is on a distinguished road

Just completed this R&R project. My two cents:
1. I used the puller tool from Z1. It is heavy-duty and well designed...but damn that OEM bushing is stubborn! I was using a 20" breaker bar, pushing it with my leg since I lack the upper body strength to develop enough torque. It took me over an hour just to remove the outer race of the OEM bushing. I would push the breaker bar about 30 degrees with my leg then a friend would reposition the socket and I'd push again. Repeat a billion times. Eventually, though the bushing came out. Total tortoise and the hare situation.
2. Rusty is a god for suggesting the flapper wheel. Easy peasy, with awesome results.
3. New Whiteline bushing went in easily using the Z1 tool. Was able to get it in simply with my ratchet wrench. Note that the Whiteline bushing comes with its own lubricant (I think it's silicone). So no need to stress about what kind of "anti-seize" stuff to purchase.
4. I did find that the connectors on the two sensor wires on the diff were going to be a bit balky, and even after disconnecting them you would still have to pry the wire off the frame at two points. I found it was much, much easier to simply pull out the sensors where they meet the diff. Each is held in by one cap bolt. Simple to pull those bolts and remove the sensors, leaving all the wiring in place on the frame.
5. Don't forget to buy a new exhaust gasket for reinstallation of the exhaust assembly.
Cheers!
BoilardZ is offline   Reply With Quote