View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BULL View Post
Neither did I, especially after I used the proper tools to properly torque them + additional dabs of Nissan RTV for assurance.

Update on the issue:
I've been driving with an analog OIL psi gauge out of the hood for some time now.

I notice that my max pressures can hit up to 130-140psi when cold and accelerating.
Max psi while warmed up is 100-110psi after 3.5k rpm.

I get dips of 15 psi that follow VTC operation, seeing higher pressure when the VTCs are stuck at zero which makes sense.

I can avoid the p0011 if I maintain higher than 3k rpm. If I stay between the 1500-2500rpm I get pinging from retarded VTCs - Pressures during this RPM is over 30psi.

I still get 14-15psi at 650 idle sometimes dipping to 13 on rare occasions.

Once I pass 3k rpm the engine runs/sounds normal and carries the power to red line if I wish to push it.

I will try another oil filter soon and lastly different oil at one point.

I could be wrong but isn’t there a internal-to-the-filter pressure relief valve that prevents the pressure from going that far above 100 psi? I haven’t heard of it getting to 130-140 before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote