View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
I took my car to the Nissan dealership here to change galley gaskets (car was at 21.000km then), and they didn't change the bolts, they reused the original ones. They specifically told me they already did this type of work previously on 370z's and had no issue whatsoever. They are also renowned here as the best nissan service in the wider area, so I tend to believe that bolts shouldn't be the issue if reused.
Neither did I, especially after I used the proper tools to properly torque them + additional dabs of Nissan RTV for assurance.

Update on the issue:
I've been driving with an analog OIL psi gauge out of the hood for some time now.

I notice that my max pressures can hit up to 130-140psi when cold and accelerating.
Max psi while warmed up is 100-110psi after 3.5k rpm.

I get dips of 15 psi that follow VTC operation, seeing higher pressure when the VTCs are stuck at zero which makes sense.

I can avoid the p0011 if I maintain higher than 3k rpm. If I stay between the 1500-2500rpm I get pinging from retarded VTCs - Pressures during this RPM is over 30psi.

I still get 14-15psi at 650 idle sometimes dipping to 13 on rare occasions.

Once I pass 3k rpm the engine runs/sounds normal and carries the power to red line if I wish to push it.

I will try another oil filter soon and lastly different oil at one point.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote