View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Iammeowwwwww
Base Member

Drives: 370z MR M6
Iammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond reputeIammeowwwwww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
If you are looking for a lower seating position, you won't find it with reclinable seats

It's time for a fixed bucket
Depending on your height you may not be able to use sliders

as always, test fit yourself IN an actual seat before buying it

There are Recaro dealers in Norcal (Griffin Moterwerke) or Socal (Evasive, i believe)

This is for your safety to make sure the holes for the shoulder straps are in the appropriate location relative to your shoulders

I nearly bought some SPG's but a test fit showed they would kill me due to my build (Too tall for the holes)
Thank you for the input. During this experience I realized, to your point, that reclining aftermarket seats do not sit low enough. I'm not quite ready for a fixed bucket yet.

The shoulder holes are definitely too low. Not that I plan to do a 4 or 6 point harness, but they definitely eat into my shoulders in the corners. I haven't decided if this is an annoyance for me yet.

I haven't heard of Griffin Moterwerke but have visited Wine Country Motorsports during my Sonoma track days. I'll pay them another visit and see if there are any seats that work for me. That said, I did modify the bracket to fit the seat without the slider.

The height and position worked out perfectly. It's the same height as the original if not slightly lower.

The seat would be perfect if not for the shoulder holes as low as they are, but it will do for now until I check out some buckets.

Btw: My images seem to rotate after upload, any idea how to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221107_221736.jpg (291.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20221107_195933.jpg (368.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20221107_185808.jpg (275.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20221107_203044.jpg (321.1 KB, 16 views)
Iammeowwwwww is offline   Reply With Quote