View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Digitlman
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z WH AU
Digitlman is on a distinguished road
Default Bizarre Fan behavior

So i have had some strange fan issue over the last couple of years.

I live in Florida so it is usually very hot. a while back i noticed that when i had the top down and no A/C running my engine would get very hot. If i was driving slowly it wasn't getting enough air cooling and temp would get up to 220. I realized my fans were not running or were running slowly. But any time i had my A/C on the fans would always be running and would keep my temps lower like down around 200.
Now the issue has changed, earlier this year i noticed my fans are running without the A/C needing to be on. But it is extreme, they seem to be running full speed and are very loud.
On the bright side my temps are super low, i can drive 20 mins to work in summer in florida and my car temp is 180 now when i get there.
However i am concerned this is going to kill my fans running them so hard.

Today i went out and started my car, the top was already down so i can hear very well. When i pull out of the garage it sounds like my fans are already running full blast and are REALLY loud even though the car is cold and only been running for 20 seconds.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this? sensor or something malfunctioning and causing this?

Thanks

(2014 370z Roadster AUTOMATIC)
Digitlman is offline   Reply With Quote