View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default NER SCCA Autocross 10/30/22

NER SCCA Autocross 10/30/22 (Video Below)
46/105 Raw time
47/105 Pax time

(Sorry for the long posts… this is also me keeping track of my progression)

Final Autox this year before winter hibernation for the Z. Ended up with a pretty nice day for end of October in the mid 60s.

My driving:
I felt more comfortable handling the car when it would get loose on entry or exit. I need to work on carrying speed through wider corners and keeping my eyes up to take a better line (which will help keep my speed up).

The car itself:
The car felt good last event when turning up the dampers. I turned them up 3 more clicks (front and rear) this time just to see and the car still felt good. I’m hoping I get to the point where I can tell when they’re set too stiff, and then I’ll back off a few clicks.
The car does feel a bit soft on these BC BR coilovers. Especially under braking there is more dive than I’d like. With 10k front 8k rear rates, they’re basically stock spring rates, and I doubt the dampers are much better than stock.
Due to the decreased # of runs and longer wait between runs at these SCCA events, I haven’t noticed the diff overheating and spinning the inside rear. I know a true LSD would be better though and is still on my future to-do list.

Finished 46/105, so I’m happy about coming in higher than 50% percentile in the field. Up to 44% percentile of the field. Goal for next year is to consistently get to top 1/3 of the event. Maybe then I’ll convince myself to go for a real diff and 200TW tires. For now I’ll try and chase down everyone on my current set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQbgEJUSRjE
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 11-02-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote