View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shifter Linkage Bolt

Gentlemen. It has recently come to my attention that my 2009 Nissan 370Z touring model with 41,387 miles on the odo is encountering a new issue I have been unable to resolve. A lot of research has already been done to see what may be going on, but I have not found anyone else experiencing this kind of problem.

Here is a video of the issue occurring.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rtsENyPZOHw

Ok, you see all of that? Mine is nothing like that. I go to shift and the knob does a 360 and the car doesn't go anywhere. The car doesn't even make a CLUNKING sound when attempting to shift. It's all flaccid and wobbly. Sorta like BettyZ.

Now you might be asking yourself "What has he already tried?". Well here you go -
  1. Removed magnetic drain bolt
  2. JB Welded the throttle bodies
  3. Resurfaced the rotors with a brillo pad
  4. Removed shifter linkage bolt to increase shift speed

ANy suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to damage my poor baby and this could be seriously impactful to us Nissan 370Z guys.