View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 07:03 PM   #7834 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
When you force people to shut down their businesses over government overreach, (the flu) what are we supposed to do?

We don’t get unemployment checks. It’s a risk we take knowingly, just like the kids that sign on the dotted line for “free money” to go party for 4 years.

I agree that I don’t want to get into a pissing match either, but until the Schools actually have some skin in the game, I don’t want to hear it. You think Harvard cares that their next law graduate can’t meet his bills? Of course not. Just pay your outragoues tuition and shut up.
We all have our own gripes and opinions of the necessary evil we call "the government". And props to people who have their own business, and while this can go either way, the greater the risk, the greater the reward. Though I've never had my own business, for the past 2 years and until recently, I was 1099, where my income was 100% commission. I had some killer months while also having a few really bad months. It would have been nice to be able to partake in any financial assistance, but I somehow figured it out and got on with my life.

You and I have a decent e-relationship, and I get where you're coming from. My gripe is that when they decided to forgive PPP/SBA/etc. loans, no one pushed back on that whatsoever, and I myself didn't complain about this being forgiven, even though I know that it would some how affect each taxpayer. Now that student loan forgiveness is on the horizon and starting to gain traction, some people get butt hurt over this and do what they can to block this. despite that there are conditions to qualify for the forgiveness. For schools to have skin in the game, I don't see how, unless they have an internal financial aid system to give student loans. As far as I am aware, the bulk of student loans are issued/backed by the government (while there are private lenders/servicers), much like PPP/SBA Loans.

On a side note, still love ya man!