View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
Might be an issue that you reused the OEM screws. I believe the problem with OEM screws is that they can’t be torqued properly due to the drive type. the reputable aftermarket solutions use allen heads so you can better torque them down. Did you follow the torque specs on the screws during reassembly?

Also, u mention u added silicon to the gaskets and screws. For the gaskets I understand what u mean, although I’m not sure that this is recommended. However, for the screws I’m concerned as to why you added silicon. Was it added to the threads of the screws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So for the screws I used a Snapon Phillips #2 that comes attached to a 3/8 socket thats commonly used for brake rotor hardware.

I believe the spec is 12ft/lb or something along those lines which with the right tool it lets you do it.

The silicone was applied on the threads like loctite, not quite locktite but should prevent any backing off from vibration. So even if the bolts didnt take the torque the silicone will not let them vibrate loose.

I will be switching to allen bolts for when I open it again.

VTC gears as not so complicated either, unless there's visual evidence theyre internally damaged they work just fine. The tone ring shifting a bit is an uncontrollable outcome that can happen to anyone and it would please me if this was the issue (means my previous job held)
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote