View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute
Default P0011 2 years after gallery gaskets

In summary, had the car for 3 years now.

At 130k the entire front timing cover was taken off(both). Replaced all seals, water pump, main and secondary guides.

Gasket has broken in the first turn coming off the block. Took everything apart, cleaned up, New OEM nissan superceeded gasket(metal). Re-used the factory bolts. Added some extra Nissan silicone light layer for extra assurance in the gasket and a bit on the bolts.

Life has been great for the past 30k up until it's last oil change.

I get a p0011 and limp mode. I hook up Uprev and noticed that my Bank 1 VTC reacts intermittently under 2000RPM, car has no power when VTCs are at 0 degs (obviously). A bit more rev and it jumps in accordance to Bank 2. They range from 0-60degrees. Ocasionally Bank 2 acts up but almost always it works. Bank 1 is the pesky one.

I hooked up a manual Oil PSI gague.

Hot idle, AC, D with brake applied and headlights on I get 15psi on the dot at 650 RPM. Any time revs drop lower (ocasional hard stops or compressor engagement it drops lower.

I've seen 12psi before however this had been at a quick dip of RPM to 550-600 however once it reaches 650 it's 15psi.

At 3k RPM or higher I get erratic pressure changes of about 5-10psi, like the VTCs are utilizing pressure and then not. This dips in pressure follow changes of VTC angles. I like to believe that the high pressure increases VTC is at 0 then the lowering I usually notice VTC is behaving.

Both VTC sensors and Solenoids where changed and between all of them they Specd out at 7.7 Ohms (Spare ones are confirmed to work)

When the code is set oil psi is not as erratic, my suspicion is since the VTCs barely move with the code set it's not utilizing pressures.

Predictions:

Either I broke some of the gasket by Bank 1
Blew the oil seal that feeds Bank 1 VTC
Shifter the Tone ring on Bank 1 VTC phaser

Wanted to see if anyone has had these issues post gasket replacement.

Thanks in advance.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote