View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
the sensor will output a specific voltage
you can connect a relay that will activate at a specific voltage off of the sensor circuit.

use something like this to control the pump (comparator relay control circuit)
LM393 DC 12V 2Bit Voltage Comparator Relay Control Circuit Module

compare a reference voltage vs the voltage reading from the sensor. if the sensor is higher, relay turns on the pump

when the voltage drops because temps drop the relay turns off.

EDIT:
that board is overkill for you use case, you could probably create this circuit from scratch, but I'm not good enough with this electrical stuff to know how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
the sensor will output a specific voltage
you can connect a relay that will activate at a specific voltage off of the sensor circuit.

use something like this to control the pump (comparator relay control circuit)
LM393 DC 12V 2Bit Voltage Comparator Relay Control Circuit Module

compare a reference voltage vs the voltage reading from the sensor. if the sensor is higher, relay turns on the pump

when the voltage drops because temps drop the relay turns off.

EDIT:
that board is overkill for you use case, you could probably create this circuit from scratch, but I'm not good enough with this electrical stuff to know how.

This seems like a pretty cheap/easy solution but am I stupid to think that with this board paired with a diff temp sensor, you’re not going to actually know what temp the relay is activating at? There’d have to be some controlled calibration off-car before install.. am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote