Thread: Big Brake Kits
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

The other point to all of this talk is how is your braking skill?

My son attended mid-ohio performance school went through two cars because he was destroying the brakes. The first one they said ok, then when complain about the second car, they had someone follow him. Then talked to him what he was doing wrong. He was fine the rest of the school.

I only mention that because your braking skill does affect your brakes. Brakes are very important to me, having had a brake failure at 100 mph and I told the instructor we're going straight. I have worked on improving my brake setup, with brake cooling, steel break lines, MOTOL 660 brake fluid, Carbotech Xp10/XP8, frozen front rotors.

It works great, but now I have been told by 3 people my braking needs improvement. Like mash the brakes, take them almost to ABS. So I have to work on that.

So when making decisions on braking, do not forget about how you are braking.