Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 10:21 AM   #974 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
Not surprised by this at all. I have a simulator setup at home with Assetto Corsa and you can really easily tell how any of the cars in it are actually to drive IRL. Corvette is very much like various Ferraris - you've got loads of grip and it feels super planted, but you only ever experience these benefits of such cars if you're driving 120mph or faster. On normal speeds the car gives 0 feedback, 0 fun and is horrible to drive.
What I mean by this - let's say there's a slow corner that you can easily drift in a Z in second gear. In these cars you've got no chance. They will either have way too much grip, or you'll accelerate so quickly that you'll just fly out of the corner crashing. I can totally imagine what it's like to drive a C8 on the street and what you're saying. Sure, it's lightning fast and expensive and all other wows, but I don't for a moment think it can be as fun as Z unless we're driving 120+ mph. And in normal circumstances (i.e. not being on the track), the car is probably not fun at all.
Well I wont go as far as saying the car isnt fun under normal driving circumstances. At least for me it has been. It will definitely let loose in corners. Im not sure if the simulator allows it, but your able to pull in both paddles at any speed rev as high as you'd like then dump the clutches. At lower speeds you have no trouble getting sideways with this method. Your not building excess speed to cause the loss of control.

If my body still allowed it I would probably choose to drive the Z on most occasions over the C8 though for sure.