Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #973 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
First impressions of the C8 are mixed. Its hard to explain but it doesnt feel like a drivers car. Even with all the helper systems turned off I do not feel as connected to the road as with all my previous sports cars. However the car literally checks all the boxes I, and most sports car enthusiasts look for. On top of providing comfort beyond anything I ever imagined in said sports cars. That could be where the disconnect from the road is coming. The car is ballistic from 0-60 with the aide of launch control. Ive never owned a car on street tires I could get to hook up and pull like this one. Not even my AWD cars. The downside is anything over 70 I feel like I could get out and run faster. That will be solved sometime next year though!

Not surprised by this at all. I have a simulator setup at home with Assetto Corsa and you can really easily tell how any of the cars in it are actually to drive IRL. Corvette is very much like various Ferraris - you've got loads of grip and it feels super planted, but you only ever experience these benefits of such cars if you're driving 120mph or faster. On normal speeds the car gives 0 feedback, 0 fun and is horrible to drive.
What I mean by this - let's say there's a slow corner that you can easily drift in a Z in second gear. In these cars you've got no chance. They will either have way too much grip, or you'll accelerate so quickly that you'll just fly out of the corner crashing. I can totally imagine what it's like to drive a C8 on the street and what you're saying. Sure, it's lightning fast and expensive and all other wows, but I don't for a moment think it can be as fun as Z unless we're driving 120+ mph. And in normal circumstances (i.e. not being on the track), the car is probably not fun at all.

Last edited by filip00; 10-18-2022 at 09:03 AM.
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote