Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #971 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

So the new owner of the Z has been keeping me updated on the car and is active on social media. I do not use any social media, except forums I guess, so she sends me pics. The wife also shows me some of the stuff that's gets posted on IG and stuff like that. It has been fun to see the car enjoyed. I really neglected it from that perspective. Additional mods have been tasteful so far and based on her other Z im not too worried about the original vision from Dave and I going forward. Obviously want to stay in touch and asked to be offered the chance to purchase the car back if she ever sells it. Who knows what time holds and if given the opportunity to get the car back I may take it.

The C8 so far has been an unreliable mess and I cant find a dealership willing to go the extra mile that I give my cars. Currently it has been sitting at Stingray Chevrolet waiting on a back ordered part for 2+ weeks and it isnt even the first time its been there for the issue. They also refuse to do a simple transmission flush and filter change that could help eliminate known transmission failures countless people have had. Reason: The car isnt showing any codes.....Yeah that's the point by then its to late! I am currently working with GM to find a dealership near me that will do the job as countless others have had it done on the C8 forums.

Some good news. I was an early adopter for the Callaway SC system and part of an internal monthly update. Positions were assigned and though I have not called and clarified I think im in position 10. This is based on numerous factors including date deposit was submitted, whether or not you already own your C8, and if it is a Coupe or HTC. Mine is the HTC so it may start production shortly after the Coupes because of the clearance issues with the top down.

First impressions of the C8 are mixed. Its hard to explain but it doesnt feel like a drivers car. Even with all the helper systems turned off I do not feel as connected to the road as with all my previous sports cars. However the car literally checks all the boxes I, and most sports car enthusiasts look for. On top of providing comfort beyond anything I ever imagined in said sports cars. That could be where the disconnect from the road is coming. The car is ballistic from 0-60 with the aide of launch control. Ive never owned a car on street tires I could get to hook up and pull like this one. Not even my AWD cars. The downside is anything over 70 I feel like I could get out and run faster. That will be solved sometime next year though!