View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest buying some peppermint oil and putting a few drops around your car every week. Mice can't deal with the smell, I guess it overpowers their sensitivity limit, and they leave the area. I've been using it to keep the attic in my house clear of them for 1.5 years. Best and cheapest way I've found. Started doing it to the shop/barn I'm converting into a garage at an old ranch house I bought last August, and so far no signs of droppings inside. No idea if it works on chipmunks. I use the Peppermint Essential Oil from Brooklyn Botany, bought off Amazon. I get about 4 months of coverage per bottle, used throughout a 2,000 sq ft attic.

In addition to the suggestions above I would:
- pull the steering lock fuse or buy a backup mechanism (I think I posted in here with the one I got that has worked great)
- If you have a leather interior it's probably time for a conditioner. May look good on the surface but is probably pretty dry
- I might consider a Seafoam engine treatment. Been a while since I've done one on the Z, but I think on this one you get the can that sprays downa. long tube placed inside the intake after the MAFs. I bet there's a thread here or something on youtube to find a good vacuum source or confirm it's done through the intake.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote