View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 09:46 AM   #47 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

So. This was my first time getting the car on Sebring. This was a good shakedown to see how the cardboard ducting was going to hold up vs not running on back in April. The duct tape and cardboard works, IAT’s were around 10-15 above amibent temperatures. Oil temps still get hot but not as quickly, so the oil cooler will have to be moved to side with its own ducting. Main issue is the coolant, temps were spiking within 1/2 lap, I had a warning once it reached 230 degrees. I’m going to put the car on jack stand again, bleed it out to get rid of all the coolant and replace it with 100% distilled water and water wetter, also removing the radiator shroud. Going to increase the hole in the front bumper. Nexen sport R tires are insanely good, I didn’t get a chance to push them that hard due to overheating, but coasting around the track the car managed to hit a 2:40 at one point in time. I’ve got some great data to go off and continue to keep trying things until I run out of options. Next test date is Nov 17 at the firm, and back to Sebring Dec 10 and Jan.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote