View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanZ34 View Post
Hi there. I have not fixed the gallery gasket yet but I have the Z1 kit. I'll have the labor done at the dealership. I was wondering if I should get the exhaust cams done along with the nismo oil pump and Fast Intentions long tube headers to seal the deal for FBO N/A and pretend to have saved some money on labor?

I have GReddy GT EVO exhaust, FI HFC, and 2.5 inch Z1 intakes with standard filters. I feel like they have better throttle response than the 3 inch Admin intakes my friend has although the 2.5 lack a bit top of end power. I got the polyurethane motor mount, polyurethane transmission mount, SLP solid bushings, Bell diff brace, CSF Radiator, EBC yellow stuff pads, and stage 1 gutted trunk.

I have a front sway bar and the Dewla Dezign intake air guide yet to be installed.

I don't think I need the complete SLP catalog as I don't have a proper street performance competent alignment shop to align the car where I live.

Sub question: If I was to buy the cams, the nismo oil pump, and the FI headers, should I also get the Wavetrac diff to perfect the street oriented build or can the oem sport vlsd still be okay for something like 320-330 whp?

Sub question2: I have noticed high oil temps during prolonged spirited driving sessions. Is a 13 row or such Mishimoto oil cooler enough for pro street?

Complementary info: I have 300whp/264wtq right now. I'm not willing to buy a Supercharger kit yet so money is somewhat an issue at this moment although I want to spend some more because I love the car even if it has a low torque rating for my liking.

Thanks.
You should try to keep the threads specific, asking many questions from other parts of the car will not get the answers you want.

It would make sense to put the cams while the gaskets are being done, be advised that these cams might require tuning which the dealer might not be able to do.

It would also make sense to do an oil cooler since from factory the over heat the oil. The practice of adding a 34 row is a good one especially if it comes with a thermostatic oil valve. If it gets to the point where oil is just not warming up as fast a simple piece of board blocking some of the rows will do the job. I agree with what was said. Blocking airflow is much easier than having to buy a bigger cooler.

To my understanding all VHR oil pumps are the same including Nismo pump. You'll be fine with a stock pump.

The stock LSD is unreliable at stock power levels, this is a yes.

Overall you're setting the right foundation with the setup for the SC for when that time comes.

I'd suggest you start looking at local tuner shops, especially those that are Ecutek/Uprev savvy. Usually these shops are knowledgeable enough for some of these upgrades and a bit cheaper than dealer prices.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote