Thread: Cheers from FL
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
goldbug
Base Member

Drives: 13 G37S Coupe 6MT
goldbug is on a distinguished road
Default Cheers from FL

Before I say anything else, I just want to say thank you to all of the existing and OG forum members here…your threads and posts have been beyond helpful throughout the years building my car.

I own a 2013 Black Obsidian G37S 6MT coupe. I bought it bone stock with 50k miles on it over 4 years ago now, and it has been a journey with this car (mostly good, lol). I’m also on myG37 under the same username, but have found this forum to be 10x more useful and helpful with everything track related for the VQ37 platform. So now it’s my turn to also contribute back to this forum.

When I bought the car I had big dreams for it from day 1, as many of us do with our G’s and Z’s. I started with basic bolt-ons like most, went through a few different intakes and coilovers, and I guess that’s where the story really begins. You could say I’ve gotten a little carried away… The Z is no-doubt, a much more track friendly car. But I’m on a mission to turn the G37 coupe into a “GT3” or “GT3 RS” -esque variant of the car, since all Nissan/Infiniti decided to give the G37 was the sad excuse of the IPL (which is no Nismo). I did install the IPL front bumper and sideskirts as I trash-talk the IPL; it gave the car a more aggressive stance. For a while I had the 13’ sport bumper with a (non-frame mounted) front splitter, but wanted something cleaner or a frame-mounted splitter. I could talk about everything done to it for a while, so I’ll just list out everything done to it below and link my build thread on myG37 if anyone is interested in it. Next plans are to have a custom half cage with door bars fab’d, and I have a Wavetrac diff, Z1 diff cover, Z1 diff brace, Z1 urethane bushings & Z1 subframe collars boxed up waiting to get installed. Forced induction (+Haltech possibly) plans down the road also. Feel free to ask any questions! I DIY’d a lot of this up until recently (too busy with work lately) so I’ve been having a shop help with installs recently. Trying to build it for "mixed use" tracking and the street; it will mainly see time attack events. I attached 2x pictures, there’s more in my build thread and I’ll get some newer pictures this week. The one of it on the trailer is when I was moving, at least that time it was on a trailer

Build thread: Link

Current build list/installed parts:

+EcuTek tune by Seb @SpecialtyZ
+aFe Pro DryS drop-in filters
+Z1 post-MAF tubes
+AAM resonated high flow cats
+HKS Hi-Power cat-back exhaust
+HKS Super Fire spark plugs
+Fast Intentions Setrab 34 row oil cooler
+Z1 silicone radiator & heater hoses
+Mishimoto radiator
+Gates serpentine belt
+Nismo engine oil filter
+Coolerworx short shifter
+SouthBend Stage 3 Daily Clutch (optional Quiet type Disk)
+South Bend 4140 Black Billet Steel 19lb Flywheel
+ZSpeed CMAK CSC Delete Kit
+Insulated stainless steel clutch hose
+RJM rev 3.3 clutch pedal assembly
+Cusco front strut tower bar (custom powdercoated)
+Tein Flex Z coilovers
+SPC rear camber arms & bolts
+SPL front and rear end links
+Z1 front sway bar (on the stiffer setting)
+Z1 urethane motor mounts
+Z1 urethane transmission mount
+Z1 1pc. slotted rotors
+Z1 stainless steel braided brake lines
+Hawk performance ceramic brake pads (for street)
+CZP Setrab 13 row power steering cooler
+Z1 silicone power steering hoses
+Work Emotion ZR10 Glim black diamond cut rim (GTKRC) wheels
19x9.5 +23 front; 19x10.5 +30 rear
+Yokohama Advan Apex v601 tires
245/40/19 front; 285/35/19 rear
+Work RS closed lugs, M12x1.25
+Work Emotion high-type black center caps
+OEM sport rear wing
+OEM IPL front bumper
+OEM IPL side skirts
+Z1 vented aluminum undershroud
+Z1 front tow strap
+OEM R35 GTR start button
+Bride x Cusco Zeta III seats
+Bride Type FO seat rails
+Diode Dynamics Tail-as-turn kit
+Airbag360 passenger airbag bypass
+Braille G30 lithium battery, relocated to the trunk
+Redline 5W-30 (engine oil)
+Motul Gear300 (gearbox)
+Motul Gear300LS (differential)
+Motul RBF600 (brakes & clutch)

Recent changes, updated 7-17-23:
+Removed Saikou Michi dual OCCs - will be installing a new custom set after I install the supercharger
+Re-installed OEM air intakes with Z1 post-MAF tubes and AFE dry drop-ins
+Replaced Mishimoto condenser - at least for the G37, it can be done without removing the radiator. 1-2hr job tops after removing the bumper. Took me and a buddy in the shop 1hr.

~Goldbug

Note for the mods: I read the rules and saw the note about links, if linking to myG37 is not allowed please let me know and I’ll remove it asap, not trying to cause trouble.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15C407D5-28DD-4DE4-821D-93997D007509.jpg (319.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 97E33BE8-9E66-4A02-B61C-1B3FC299245A.jpg (284.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by goldbug; 07-17-2023 at 07:16 PM.
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote