View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
NissanZ34
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
NissanZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
A proper LSD should be a noticeable improvement over the VLSD. If you can afford a couple extra grand for a diff, then go for it. IMO, a proper diff seems like a more worthwhile upgrade than cams. Cams won’t get you THAT much power, and a diff should be a pretty noticeable upgrade, Although I don’t have first hand experience here…

Get a 34 row oil cooler. Block off some of the plates in cooler weather. Better to have extra cooling capability if you need it.

I’m not sure why you’re asking if you should building the engine if you’re FBO N/A. Stock block is fine even with mild boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought since the mechanic will be doing a gallery gasket job might as well take off the valve covers and put in the exhaust cams in there. I think exhaust cams are a good supporting mod for boost while gaining some of the top end I lack of right now. Doing such would save me money in the long run if I ever go boosted while getting an immediate N/A gain although you guys are telling it won't be dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
What are your intentions with the car?

Also you mention money being an issue, but once you buy the headers/cams and factor in cost of installation (unless you're doing the work yourself), you're well into the cost of forced induction (minus supporting mods).
The car is a powersport toy for the most part. I want to be able to daily drive it if I buy a higher end car that will become the new fun car.

I thought one should have headers if going supercharger is the end goal which for me is yet to be determined but I would love to for sure. Also, exhaust cams and headers would work well together in my opinion since they allow more cfm.

There's another challenge to boosting my car since the only reputable VQ shop that can do a supercharger/turbo kit installation in my province strictly relies on Admin tuning and I kind of don't trust the copy paste work method he uses to tune for his customers.

I like N/A for this platform and I prefer not to boost my car for reliability reasons. I'm thinking more and more to save up for a final year ZL1 to have a factory race ready car.
NissanZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote