View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #5108 (permalink)
DaveZ03
Base Member

Drives: '11 FairladyZ
DaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond repute

Despite best efforts and big budgets, at that power level, you are always gonna break something and go back to the drawing board. Further complicating the matter is you are forcing air into an engine that wasn't designed with FI in mind, and that wasn't anything special to begin with. Sure it can take some FI, but once you go over a certain power level, unsurprisingly and despite best efforts, things are gonna start to break and the car will be less and less reliable. I'm sorry to say Spooler, but this attempt to make this engine reliable at anything close to your power goals was a long shot, and you went deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole with potential solutions. It would have been great if you actually discovered a "secret" to making this engine reliable and I commend you for that effort, but the money you have sunk into this to get here ($140k as you mentioned earlier in this thread) is an unfortunate casualty of war. Where you go from here is up to you honestly, but for what it's worth, my advice would be to turn it down and just enjoy what you have. Sometimes less is more.
DaveZ03 is online now   Reply With Quote